Sunday, April 24, 2011

We opened the third show of the season this weekend. We dabbled with the Bard and had a fun time doing it. Since it was a show weekend that meant that we had some time during the day on Saturday. I managed to get in a marathon on the way down to Palm Springs, where we played for the day. About a third of it was on trails. Half way down a 3/4 mile stretch of tight single track I came across some fresh mountain lion tracks. How fresh I could not tell maybe from the night before but likely from that morning as they were on top of fresh bike tire tracks. It was still dusk which is another good sign they they weren't too old. I had a decision to make I could continue the direction I was going and follow the tracks or I could turn around and hopefully increase the odds that I would not run across any big cats. I decided to continue down the trail but not before picking up a few rocks. Now one of the reasons I got into cycling and running is because as a kid I couldn't throw or catch, which eliminates a lot of sports. If I came across a lion I'd never be able to hit it so I guess my thinking was as I was throwing rocks around the lion maybe I would scare up something else that would attract its attention. In the end I didn't get the chance to find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truly when someone doesn't understand after that its up to other viewers that they will help, so here it takes place.

Feel free to visit my website diets that work