Saturday, November 28, 2009

A change in the weather. Yesterday I got a bunch of miles in hiking and running. I took this shot on my way back to town after getting a hike in with Gary and Cool hand. As you can see the clouds were starting to build.
We woke up this morning to our first snow of the season.
Today officially starts the indoor trainer season. I kicked it off while watching the 2008 RAAM. Other hits I'll enjoy during this time will be, Montezuma's Revenge 2005, and 2006, several tour's de France, and a few spring classics, a couple of adventure races. Oh, and sprinkle in a few old Packer games.
Break is coming to a close, it's been fun and busy. Things didn't go as planned, for one we still don't have our truck. We are now in a nice 2009 Tundra but it doesn't have four wheel drive so our trip to get groceries was scrapped, again. Our frig looks like it does when we get back from summer. What did go as planned was our Thanksgiving day. We spent it with some great friends that host a Thanksgivingpalooza. About 40 to 60 people attend, depending on the year. The amazing thing is we all sit and eat at the same time. We first met this family when their son came to our school as a Freshmen. Wow time flies! We when to his wedding this past spring. It's times like these that being a teacher really pays off. To see your former students growing into people you can look up to. It doesn't get much better than that.
O.K. let's talk bikes. Siren is working on Finn's first bike it is going to be so cool! I can't wait. Bonnie has already told me I'm getting a little too excited about it. Once Santa comes I'll have pictures. Let's just say we are skipping the training wheels.
Ride on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kate is going to be jealous