Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday season is finally coming to a close. It's been great seeing friends and family back in WI. Finn got to spend a bunch of time with his cousins from both sides of the family. We missed out on getting together with some friends but I sure we can take care of that in Feb. when we come back for the Unified auditions in Chicago. We ate like crazy, I think my new years resolution will be to, in general, consume less. I feel like after the past couple of weeks I should be o.k. not to eat again until half way through February.

During this break I've had some time to get things in order for RAW. Logistics will be the trick here. I'm really glad we decided to do the RAW this year and tackle the RAAM the year after. There is so much to think about and consider. I'm a commutation major with an emphasis in theory so one of the first things I think about with this race is the number of people involved, per team. From what I understand most solos have at least two crews of no less than 2 people. This means at lest 5 people including the rider, that's a lot of relationships. With that many people the cost starts to add up pretty quick too. Maybe my resolution will help with this. I think I'll consider these races my birthday/Christmas/Father's day gifts for the next several years.

Something I'm excited about with this race is it's something we've never done. I've got that feeling like I had early on in my 24 hour career. I don't know what's going to happen, or how we'll deal with it. If history is any indicator we'll figure it out on the fly like we always do. My training will be different too, more time on the road and trainer and less on the trail. Although to be honest most of my training already take place on the trainer just because it's convenient.

Wow this post got a lot longer than I anticipated. I guess when I get to thinking 'out loud' I can ramble.

Ride on!

No comments: