Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good Times

Things have been pretty busy. We are settling into a rhythm at school. The show is really starting to take shape. It's been fun not following any real training schedule, not that I really follow anything formal anyway. It's good to just run, hike, or ride when I can. I love hiking to school with Finn on my back and the girls running all round the forest. I know I've said it before but I have one of the best commutes ever. Three to six miles depending on which way I take, and about 75% on trails if I take the 3 mile rout. The longer the hike the higher the percentage of trail goes. Now that I have Finn to carry I don't run as much, there are spots where I can sort of do a shuffle jog. Anything more and he's bouncing all over the place. I think I'll start back with organized training once the show closes the first week of November.

This weekend was a lot of fun. We went to the Sierras with some good friends. This was Finn's first official camping trip. That is to say one that had nothing to do with a bike race. We got to see the first snow fall of the season. I also took note that the first snow fall of last season was over the same weekend. A year ago this coming weekend was when I got to summit Whitney for the first time with a former student and his father. We had to deal with the snow that had fallen the week before. We had such a good time this past weekend that we are already trying to line up a trip to Joshua Tree in December. This will be easier since it's only about an hour and a half away. I'm sure this will make Finn much happier, and in turn the rest of us as well.
On a side note, on the way to the hardware store today I saw Floyd out for a ride. No helmet...risky business, especially on our mountain. I hope we was meeting someone in Pine Cove before the decent.
Ride on!







No comments: