Thursday, October 30, 2008

So far so good

Tech has been going well. For those of you who don't know, Bonnie and I both teach at Idyllwild Arts, a small boarding Arts High School. We do all things design and production in the Theater department. Tech week is the week we move into the theater and put all of the production elements together, actors, set, sound, lights, props, costumes, special effects... I happy to report that things have been running smoothly. Now that I've said that tonight's open dress will be a disaster. Oh well, fingers crossed, break a leg, go Packers, and all that good stuff.

Running is still the main form of training, while I'm not training because it's the 'off season'. Bonnie still doesn't believe that such a concept exists. She contends that just because I switch up the form of physical activity it does not constitute an off season. I try to explain that everything I'm doing now is without purpose or structure so it's just fluff. I mean, don't get me wrong, it does help to maintain a level of fitness but I'm not really getting any stronger. Am I right?

Ride on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU could probably stand to take 2-4 weeks off completley and just sit on your tail bone. But as long as you're not cycling it is merely cross training and is infact restoring muscle balance etc to your legs... But still Todd, you could probably use a nice long break ;)

Chris said...

Yeah, Kim says the same thing. We call it the "T" word, and we have the same discussion every year!