Friday, March 13, 2009

TGIF

Bonnie took care of Finn until her 9:30 meeting so I got to hit the dirt this morning. This also gave me a chance to dial in my new Ergons. I haven't used barends in years but with my time on a single speed I've once again seen their value. I ordered them Wednesday, had them by noon Thursday.

I shot up to Pine Cove and then down to the single track and fire road around the hub. Beautiful sunny morning, temps around 50, you couldn't beat it. Tomorrow we have an early morning. We're headed down to Chula Vista to take part in the PanCan walk in honor of Bonnie's father George who passed away because of pancreatic cancer a few years ago. It might be a hard day but it will be a good day. Thanks to all of you who have donated to our walk!

This weekend I'd like to get out for a long ride but we'll see how things pan out. If it happens it'll have to take place after running and biking clubs on Sunday. I need to get somethings off the hill so maybe I can get a bunch of climbing in.

Ride on!

3 comments:

F.W. Adams said...

Came across your post surfin' the net. Good luck with the bar ends--you got riser or flat bars?

Oh, by the way, you've got a bit of spelling error on yoru tag line--"bountain". Or, did you have a cold when you typed it? ;o)

Peace!

Bandit said...

I've been running flat bars for years, not too common for endurance I know. Thanks for the heads up on the tag line, and yes I'm feeling much better now;)

F.W. Adams said...

Glad you are feeling better! ;o)

Interesting on the flat bars, but if it works for you, then who cares? But, with the flats, I'd definitely give the bar ends a try, too. Good luck with 'em!

Peace!