Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring?

Yesterday was one of those mental fitness riding days. All day it was cold with occasional rain and snow. I got out for about an hour and a half on the trails behind school in the morning and then the ride home from school in the evening. The morning ride was good, the trails were in great condition. The only things that stayed consistently cold on me were my hands and feet. The commute home was wet, cold, and miserable. School is about 500' lower then our house so I went from rain to sleet to snow to thank god I'm home. Good news is the rain kind of cleaned off the gunk on my bike from the morning ride. With 3 new inches of snow on the ground I think todays riding will take place on the trainer. This morning I'll get out for a hike with the girls and Finn, and maybe another one this afternoon with Gray and on of his horses.

On a different note it looks like the firm tail is coming together. It needs a couple of finishing touches and then it's off to powercoat. I don't think it'll be ready for the Death March next weekend so I think I'll ride my hard tail, It worked well last year. Which reminds me I should probably register for that.

Ride on!

No comments: